Based out of New York, New York, BarkBox is a subscription-based online service where members receive monthly surprises for their dogs, consisting of all-natural treats, hygiene products, and toys. The service is for dogs of all sizes, including puppies, medium-sized adults, or even large breeds such as Great Danes. As such, BarkBox carefully crafts each of your monthly boxes to your specific dog’s size—and because you never know what you’re going to get, each of the 4-6 items you receive will always be a surprise.
According to the BarkBox website, all edible items are tested in-house, are sourced directly from the U.S., Canada, South America, Australia, and New Zealand, and are never processed with formaldehyde. Because BarkBox’s founders are dog lovers as well, they wouldn’t send anything to your dogs, that they wouldn’t send to their own. In addition, the company claims that at least 10% of all profits are given to canine-related shelters, rescues, and welfare organizations.
BarkBox will customize your box based on your dog’s size. Bark Boxes come in several different selections depending on your dog’s size. Sizes include:
- Small BarkBox aka “Small & Cute”: 0-10lbs
- Medium BarkBox aka “Just Right” : 20-50lbs
- Big BarkBox aka “Big & Bold” : 50+ lbs
There are plenty of different monthly subscription boxes for dogs on the market, but BarkBox continues to be one of the most popular and highly-recommended dog boxes available.
BarkBox only provides treats and toys from trusted, reliable vendors who use the highest quality ingredients.
When it comes to BarkBox toys, know that goodies are tested by the BarkBox team’s own puppy squad, so your Barbox-delivered dog toys and treats are guaranteed to delight your four-legged pal.
BARKBOX SUBSCRIPTIONS PRICES
BarkBox prices vary depending on how long you sign-up for. For the best value, it’s recommended that you subscribe to the 12 month Bark Box plan. It ends up being $20/month.
Each BarkBox surprise is sent on the 15th of each month, and most consumers have reported that they’ve received their packages quickly and without delays. However, if you’re a new BarkBox customer and sign up after the 10th, keep in mind that your package will not be sent until the 15th of the following month. In the event that your BarkBox is delivered with a defective item, the company provides all members with the opportunity to immediately send it back, at which point you’ll either receive a replacement or a credit toward your account.
BARKBOX FOR ALLERGIES
BarkBox knows that some canines have allergies, but that doesn’t mean they should miss out on all the fun!
All BarkBoxes are wheat, corn, and soy free (which is awesome), so you don’t need to do anything special if you dog is allergic to those ingredients.
If your dog is allergic to beef, chicken, and turkey, BarkBox offers a special allergy-friendly option for them. You’ll just need to contact them directly to get the allergy-friendly box.
COOL THINGS ABOUT BARKBOX
In addition to their neat doggy subscription service, it’s also worth noting that BarkBox…
- Gives 10% of all profits to animal shelters, plus they have a BarkGood program to help out over 3,000 shelters and rescue groups across the USA and Canada!
- Has the Scout’s Honor Guarantee, which promises that if your pup doesn’t like something that arrives in his or her BarkBox, you can get a replacement item for free!
- Avoids as much processing as possible, using wheat-free, soy-free, corn-free, filler-free, and even organic items whenever possible. They’re doing the best to move towards limited, even single, ingredient products.
- Get more of your favorites. If you see something awesome in your BarkBox, you can reorder it from the BarkShop!
- Sources all treats from the USA and Canada. In addition, chews come from the USA, Canada, South America, Australia and New Zealand. The BarkBox crew promises they wouldn’t send your pup anything they wouldn’t give their own fur babies.
- They have an amazing blog, the BarkPost, which is an unending source of canine cuteness!
- Your pup can become an online sensation since BarkBox encourages customers to post pictures of their pooch enjoying their BarkBox on the PuppyFeed!
- Allows you to give BarkBox as a gift to another doggy pal.